Fresno, California, is known for its mild, sunny weather, but when winter comes, temperatures can drop, making a reliable heating system essential for comfort. However, even the best heating units can experience problems, and it’s important to be aware of these issues to keep your home warm and comfortable during the winter months. In this article, we will examine some of the most common problems with residential heating units in Fresno, California.
- Lack of Maintenance: A heating unit that is not regularly maintained can experience a range of problems, including reduced efficiency, higher energy bills, and complete system failure. To keep your heating unit running smoothly, it is important to have it inspected and cleaned at least once a year by a professional HVAC technician.
- Clogged Filters: Clogged filters can reduce air flow and cause your heating unit to work harder than necessary. This can lead to higher energy bills and can also cause the unit to shut down if the filter becomes completely clogged. To avoid this, it is important to change your filters regularly, and to have your unit inspected by a professional to ensure that the filters are the correct size for your unit.
- Thermostat Issues: A faulty thermostat can cause your heating unit to shut down or not function properly. A professional HVAC technician can inspect your thermostat and replace it if necessary.
- Ignition Problems: If your heating unit is not starting up or is having trouble maintaining a consistent temperature, it may be due to ignition problems. This can be caused by a faulty ignition control module, a clogged burners, or a malfunctioning pilot light. A professional HVAC technician can diagnose and fix the problem.
- Leaks: If you notice water around your heating unit, it may be due to a leak. Leaks can cause damage to your unit and can also lead to mold growth in your home. If you suspect a leak, it is important to have it inspected and repaired as soon as possible.
In conclusion, regular maintenance is the key to avoiding problems with your heating unit. If you experience any issues, it is important to have them inspected and repaired by a professional HVAC technician. By taking the time to care for your heating unit, you can ensure that it runs efficiently and effectively, keeping your home warm and comfortable during the winter months.